Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chicken Adobo with Yellow Ginger (Tumeric)


Coming back from a trip to Tagaytay, I chanced upon a  roadside fruit stand  where I bought some pineapples and the vendor offered to sell me some yellow ginger while explaining the health benefits of this root crop. I began to experiment by using the root plus the pineapple I purchased and came up with chicken adobo. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
  1 kilo chicken (chopped)
  1 cup apple cider vinegar
  1/4 cup soy
  1 slice pineapple (chopped)
  3 cloves garlic
  1 tspn black pepper
  1 tspn salt
  1 yellow ginger sliced thin
  2 cups water

Directions:
In a pot, mix all the ingredients and heat to a boil. After boiling for 10 minutes, put the heat on medium for 40 to 45 minutes until liquid is reduced and oil is formed from the chicken fat. Turn off heat and chicken is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment