Sunday, September 25, 2022

Congee with Chicharon, fried tofu, egg, scallions and fried garlic


 

 
I can say that this is a fusion of Chinese, Mexican, Filipino and American dish...why? American because I used 2 pieces of KFC chicken and a cup of rice to make the congee, Chinese for the 2 pieces of fried tofu, Mexican for the chicharones, and Filipino for the fried garlic and scallions.

 To cook the congee, I shredded the KFC chicken and dropped it in a pot of water (3 cups) along with the bones which I discarded later. I then added a cup of rice and stirred constantly as it boiled until I got the right consistency. Since KFC chicken has already a mixture of spices, I only added fish sauce to add more flavor. I bought a pack of chicaron from the supermarket along with the scallions and garlic. I bought the tofu from a Chinese deli store which I sliced and fried using vegetable oil.

To finish the dish I arranged everything in a bowl and just dropped a boiled egg as shown in the photo. So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment